06 July, 2005

viva le france




ok. so now we...t and jenny and i... are in France. where, you ask? France...they come from france. anybody remember that commercial, with the cute kid? no? it is a classic. this french keyboard however is not. I feel like i am back in keyboarding in 9th grade with JOE...where you been joe?...i have to look at my hands the whole time, my fingers keep going to find the m and the a in their normal places but instead there is a q and a coma/semicolon. A 60 year old french guy from bordeaux and i had a conversation on the train here and it was the worst attempt to understand ever. I pulled the smile and nod out a lot. I do not really know how these things work in France, but if a person invites you to come and visit and go out to a good french restaurant where you could have some good bordeaux wine and stay in the apartment that he owns in another french city, is that a little forward? i think that i will write in the american style for a moment to show you my frustration with this computer. zhere qre jenny qnd tho,qs, they shouldùve ,et ,e by noz qnd i q, tired qnd hungqry qnd need to ship q bqg bqck to the stqtes. yqy. oh and the ws are not right either there is a z there.
the last week in granada and madrid were amazing and so much fun. we saw a flamenco show, the prado, the reina sofia and the tyssen which is the best out of the art museums in my opinion although the prado has classic works. I also went exploring. the value of the trip to madrid would have been lost to me if I had stayed in the overpopulated/ overtouristated puerta del sol the whole time. I made some excellent friends and need once again to empty a photo card. despirately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura!! you're in france now and i still don't know where to meet you in paris!! email me ASAP -- i'm in amsterdam right now and i really hope you're not in london. guess what? me and kate are going see U2 next wednesday!! we just got the last 2 tickets! (or so the guy at the post office said...) i'm pumped. but bastilles day in paris is going to rock - i hope it'll be with you! write soon!! love you - syd
p.s. check out www.myspace.com/sydneyberry for my blog/pics of europe [which will be up soon]

Anonymous said...

Sprockett, When are you coming home??? You must come seee my new ghetto house with the checkered dance porch!!! Although I am sure that France is way more exciting! Tell Thomas and Jenny hello for me! I miss yall!..Ang