24 July, 2005

Catch me if you can

So this is my attempt to regain consistency. As a do so I will post pictures and maps (but maybe tomorrow because I am tired.) I am back in the states and internet was getting expensive in other countries so I ceased posting...sorry to the faithful. I had an excellent final week of travel by myself. I met up with Mona in Paris and we toured the Dali museum and went to the Eiffel Tower for the Bastille Day festivities (thanks to SUPERDAVE I know what that was all about) which included a spectacular fireworks display off of the tower coreographed to music. I also had a few interesing occurrences to do with trains and buses and where to stay at night, during which time I made friends with a hotel night clerk who talked with me until the wee hours of the morning about the african congo, paris, modern art, his family and how I was a great desk watcher when he needed a cigarette break. thanks, night clerk for letting me stay in the hotel lobby after the train station was closed and even though the hotel was booked and there was no other accomodation for miles and for letting me take a one hour nap. Then off to London I went the next day on a long bus ride (did you know that you can take a bus to London from Paris even though it goes over the English Channel?) to London and then another to Leicester to meet Chris (thanks for letting me chill in the English countryside with you and the sheep Chris). I have successfully covered every mode of transportation at this point (with the exception of skateboards and mopeds). Chris toured around midlands England with me for 3 days during which time we went to Warick Castle and saw jousting, the Peak district and saw a state house and lots of sheep, leicester in general and i met all of his friends who kept me laughing so hard that I didn't get but about 3 sentences in the entire conversation. I also successfully evaded two sets of bombings and a bout of riots and aparently some disturbances in madrid as well. Safe and sound back home, I find that my spanish tan will rapidly evaporate because I do not want to leave the airconditioned house as the air outside contains 80% of the water in lake Ponchartrain. Feel like I am swimming through the humidity. I will continue to update this with pictures from the trip and a retrospective I am sure. maybe eventually real conversation pieces but since no one really comments ;) I doubt that one. Weddings make me feel older than I should. XX and goodnight to you all.

No comments: