24 July, 2005

fancy some chips?




Not crisps but chips, as in fish and chips...ok so they are fries in London and crisps are the equivalent of chips in the states. As one person in England put it: "I go into Subway and order a sandwich and they ask if I'd like chips with that and I say sure, because who wouldn't want chips with their sandwich. well, you can imagine my surprise when they hand me a bag of crisps and I say, "what is this?" They say "chips." I say, "that's not chips, that's crisps, if I wanted Crisps I would've said crisps, right?" I mean they are in England, you would think that they'd know the difference." Oh yeah, we were in london. Went to Yo Sushi...the longest conveyor belt (????!!) sushi restaurant in the world, the abby, the globe, buckingham, and over the thames river a lot. Most of what we went to was closed because it was sunday and a veterans day.

2 comments:

- said...

Laura! I am IN London but didn't see your post till just now (have had random internet access). Yeah Yo Sushi is way weird. But I'm only here till Sunday so look me up!!!! We are staying at the Malmaison hotel in Charterhouse Square (they have a website too) so if you call here and ask for the room by my last name you can leave a message and we can get in touch. AHH can't belive didnt see your post till just now! Are you even here anymore??

Laura said...

I am not there anymore. Tear. I wish. I came back for Emily Bailey's wedding. Hope you are having a great time though.