25 June, 2005

Plaza de Toros (thatś the bull ring)


Plaza de TOROs
Originally uploaded by cutiebooty.
SO this week has been crazy. I can´t believe that I only have like 6 days left in Granada before we go to Madrid. This is an incredible city with incredible people and I have loved every minute of it. Was there ever any doubt that I would? Before I go on, the picture was of Sarah and I in Sevilla at the bullfighting ring last weekend. Beautiful. Then again I didn´t see the actual bull fight. I may have had a few sick feelings after seeing 6 bulls (who don´t even get a chance by the way) tortured to death. We went on the tour in Sevilla of the bull ring and they told us that there was one bull who killed two matadors before he, himself was killed. So, naturally, they killed his mother. Anyway, enough with the bull. We went again to Sevilla and saw the Cathedral...the third largest in the World after St. Peter´s in Rome and St. Paul´s in London. Ah-mazing! I promise to get pictures up soon of more recent things. The largest moon in 18 years was two nights ago. We went up to this "platform" type of thing (very large terrace I guess) called the Mirador de San Nicolas to see it. It overlooks La Alhambra and the entire city. So cool. The moon was fairly small for being so big. But we had a good time. We also went horseback riding in the Sierra Nevada WEdnesday. We not only rode through the mountains but through the olive and apricot (I think) groves. My horse Letizzia (doesn´t she sound a little ghetto?) liked me. We were tight. The view was amazing. I wish to leave you with a small amount of words from a poet who is one of my favorites:
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

3 comments:

thomas said...

frost, right?!

you are awesome.

Laura said...

can´t wait to see you!

Laura said...

yeah, frost...look I know it´s about death, but parts were applicable.