04 June, 2005

Dame mas Gasolina

Ok so that has nothing at all to do with this post, but it is a really fun song to dance to. Today we were in Córdoba and had a grand time even though it was a three hour bus ride there and back. The mosque that we went to that is part of the city square is a beautiful mixture of cultures. It was originally built in like the 700s AD and was a mosque (an Islamic place of worship). They expanded it three times so it is huge...capable of housing 44,000 people. CRAZY! It was finished in 900 AD and then the reconquisition began and the Christians began to kick out both the Jewish poopulation (I realize I spelled that wrong but it was too funny to erase...I´m tired.). They built a cathedral right smack in the middle of this mosque. It is mad interesting. They also have a jewish quarter but no jews. Those Spaniards. The spanish phrase for today is ¡por supuesto! this means ¡of course! I like to say it like an italian and raise my hand and say "but of course!" I also like the upside down exclamation marks and question marks and the siestas a lot. Esta bien. I think that it is a good day for helado (ice cream). It´s hot. Or Paris Hilton´s version...that´s hot. Ok I´ve reached a new low. Hasta for now kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprockett! You sound like you are having fun and learning lots of interesting stuff! I wish we would have had the chance to hang out before you left! You never did come tell me bye that one night at Evan's! I love helado!!!!! That and hamburguesa was the two words that really stuck with me in Spanish...hmmm...I wonder why! Anyway, I found a house in Hammond. I am moving there next weekend. I'm still praying for a teaching job! But, I'll keep you updated! Have tons of fun and learn lots! I miss you!...Love, Ang

Anonymous said...

hey laura, i love reading your blogg since i was in granada last summer. it brings back fond memories. have you gone to the albayzin yet? it is a beautiful neighborhood. i love seeing pictures of the park. we lived right across the street from it on angel barrio. if you get a chance to go to church one sunday there is an awesome churh close to the park. actually it was on the same street as our apartment. the people there are awesome and so in love with God. well i hope you have an awesome time.

oh before i forget we went to paris for bastille day it was awesome. don't miss the fireworks in front of the effiel tower.
i will be thinking about you.

God bless,
jennifer