20 June, 2005

42 degrees centigrade, starbuck´s and walking in circles (accompanied by MAN this bus stinks)

So this weekend we excursed (yes I am allowed to make up words- I do it in Spainish too) to Sevilla. So freakin´ hot. Do you know how hot 42 degrees is? No, not in farenheit, although that would have felt very good, in CELCIUS or centigrade, whichever you prefer. It is 107 degrees of pure unadulterated heat. And by that I mean it is without humidity but it also stays hot from 10a to 10p (that´s when the sun goes down). So I am more tan and bought a few skirts because jeans are verging on unbearable. And we eat more ice cream but walk minimum of 8 miles a day so it´s ok. I am not complaining though...I´m in Spain...but you knew that by now. So, Sevilla. Right. Tid of history for you: Sevilla is the Capitol of Andalucia which is the provence that Granada is in in Spain. It is gorgeous. We explored a goverment building that was far to beautiful to be used for politics. Found a random flamenco singer that we thought was a girl...nope. Old guy. Good singer though. We walked a lot...we (and by we, I mean not me-lead groups of people around with my direction skills? seriously doubt it. I´m sure that scares you mom since I will be by myself for a week. Oh well. Remember I am never lost...sometimes just severely turned around) had the map and the city in different directions (namely the city (not the map) was upside down). First thing that we cultured americans do when we get to a part of town that is remotely in the right direction? Go to starbucks. We suck. Others sell out on a regular basis to Burger King, Tex MEX (yes they did), Hagaan Daas (slightly more understandable) and the worst of them all, McDonalds. I´ve only sold out twice so far- McD´s at the beach because it was the only thing open during siesta and starbucks (no excuse). Finally, on the bus home, we were sleeping, and I do mean like a dead sleep, and out of nowhere...probably the bathroom...we were awakened by an extremely unpleasant odor. A reek of pungence wafting through the air at the speed of light hit about five of our group simutaneously and the next sound that was heard was (imagine) UGH! What IS that? Still don´t know...don´t care to know. I would like to congradulate Natalie and Michael on their recent marriage, Sean and Courtney on their upcoming marriage and grad school-you will be missed as my favourite (catch the Brit english?) bartender at the MAC SHACK. Dos besos a todos. Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura Sprockett, I miss you! Gosh, it sounds like you are enjoying yourself. I am stuck here in fun ole Covington, praying for a job and having absolutely no luck! How badly I wish that I could just fly there and explore with you for a week or so! I miss you!...Ang

Laura said...

there are such good places here, ang. I have thought of you several times and especially of that fun day in New Orleans with you and Lauren. That´s what every night is like here, more or less. I wish you could come too. Just think, though. In two months you will have money. I´ll be broke as a joke...lucky if I can buy gasoline.